This is the door to our room. Each of the planets and rocket ships is edged in glitter and has the name of one of our students on it (take a look at all those planets and rocket ships - that's a lot of kids). It is much more fabulously beautiful in person. Its beauty actually made one teacher cry (granted, she is 7 months pregnant). The only thing I might want to rethink is how I split the words between the 2 doors. If you open the left one, you're left with a big "ass" on the right. Other than that, though, I'm proud.
This is the piece de resistance - my homemade, glittery globe. Let's have a moment of silence.Best of all - this door only cost $4 (of my own money; I'm not including the price of the paper that the school supplies) to make! Instead of purchasing already cut designs, I've been making them myself. Teachers have a habit of spending a lot of their own (very limited) money on classroom supplies and I am determined to not do that (as much as possible).
Thanks for humoring me. I know this isn't the kind of stuff people love reading about or looking at. You'll be happy to know that we will only be updating bulletin boards once a month, so these posts will be few and far between. I LOVE doing this stuff, though.
I will be meeting parents tomorrow at our open house. I'll be sure to let you know how that goes.
2 comments:
great door. can 4 year olds spell? Could be interesting.
I LOVE this!!! :) You are the best. These kids are going to love you.
Post a Comment